The Association was organized on December 18, 1952, on the campus of the University of Illinois and secured a charter early in 1953. The first successfully sponsored legislation for additional livestock premiums in the amount of $148,000.00 was awarded at the 1956 Illinois State Fair and has continued ever since.
The original purpose of this organization was to provide and promote purebred livestock and a special premium fund at the Illinois State Fair for open and junior classes. This is a bipartisan organization whose committees actively work with the legislative and executive branches of Illinois State government and the IL Dept. of Agriculture to enhance the progress of the purebred livestock industry statewide.
The Land of Lincoln Purebred Livestock Breeders Association (LLPLBA) is governed by a President, Secretary/Treasurer; Executive Board of Directors and five Vice Presidents representing beef, dairy, equine, swine, sheep, goats and llamas